2. Still working on my gold award. Slowly but surely it is getting done, and while I'm not thrilled and the effort I'm putting into the art isn't the best, I don't hate it anymore. It's given me lots of time to listen to music, and I've discovered most of the new-ish music that I like is from british bands. Is that really a surprise? Nope.
3. Jeremy Brett. Oh, god, Jeremy Brett. I think I love you. My mission is to get as much of the Granada series of Sherlock Holmes before I go to college.
4. Speaking of which, I can now say that I've read the entire Holmes cannon. Now if only I could get hard copies of the books, and with the illutratinos, and not just on my kindle...
5. My girl scout troop took a really awesome trip out to Yellowstone National Park. It was fun, and, like all adventures, did have some misshaps along the way, but that of course is what makes these things memorable. It rained every day we were camping except the last one. Still, things worked out rather well. Yellowstone is a gorgeous and fascinating place. We also drove through a cloud and hiked a good three or so miles of trail-- at 10,000 ft, that is. It was the trail up to Medicine Wheel, an old Indian circle of stones on the very top of a mountain. Whether or not you care about its sacredness to the Indians, it is a very special place. The trail was covered in 5 feet of snow or more in some places, but the view alone was worth it. We also camped in the Badlands and stopped at the infamous Wall Drug. To cap it off we had dinner our last night at a chinese buffet and had one of the most hilarious conversations I can ever recall. Bad jokes insued.
6. My friend Hayley is back in Chicago and will me staying with me come friday. It fills me to no end with joy, because I've missed her so much. Yay!
7. I need to figure out what classes I'm taking fall semester. I've got my roommate,b and we need to figure out who's bringing what. Oh, college. Holy crap, I'm going to college!
8. Jeremy Brett. Sherlock Holmes. David Burke. Jeremy Brett.
9. My birthday is next week?! I'll be 18. I'll be legal. When did that happen?
10. Oh, lord, I need to get some writing done. And art. God, I need to figure out how to draw people. Now.
11. Toy Story. Made me cry. I'm not ashamed to admit it, because I freaking love that movie and I need desperately to see it again. My friends dragged me to see Eclipse (and I feel horribel even capitalizing the word) and it made me laugh.
12. Jeremy Brett
Oh, summer, I love you but I do not love you in Chicago, where you are unbearably hot and humid.